Update March 30, 2020
Alpine Communications Accelerates Connectivity During COVID-19 Crisis
We Are Here For You
To alleviate any confusion resulting from our government’s emergency orders, we want to assure you that communications services are considered essential services more now than ever to ensure our communities are connected. Our team is putting in long hours as we seek to serve our community with the services you need currently. We are responding to the COVID-19 crisis by increasing our efforts to ensure connectivity and safety for all:
- Office Update: Our business office is currently closed to walk-in traffic to protect customers and employees. We are actively serving customers though and can take care of your needs via the following:
- Customer Service: 563-245-4000
- 24×7 Tech Support: 1-888-264-2908
- SmartHub: https://alpinecom.smarthub.coop
- Field Technicians Update: We continue to take care of installs and repair calls. We have implemented remote troubleshooting techniques that allow us to work closely with customers and maintain a safe environment for both our employees and customers.
- Community Outreach: We want to ensure our customers and communities have access to the services they need during this crucial time. We are enacting these initiatives to promote quality connections for all:
- PK-12 Student Distance Learning Program – If your household has children enrolled in a PK-12 school, you currently do not subscribe to internet service from Alpine and you can demonstrate financial hardship that prevents you from obtaining broadband required for distance learning, you may be eligible for special pricing. Please call us at 563-245-4406; we are here to facilitate distance learning.
- Help – COVID-19 is affecting people in many ways, some of them economic. If you are struggling to pay your bill, call 563-245-4406 for assistance.
- Unlimited Data and Robust Speeds – As people do the vital work of staying at home to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the need for internet-related services is increasing. As always, we offer our broadband customers unlimited data with no data caps or overages. Alpine also delivers a variety of speed options and we can quickly provision internet upgrades remotely. Customers should call 563-245-4000 for more broadband speed and WiFi options.
- Expanded Lineup – We have added four popular news channels to our FusionTV Local Plus package for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis.
Our Network is Performing Well
Our network is handling the increased Internet traffic very well. If your service is not meeting your needs, please reach out, and we will do all we can to improve your Internet and communications connections.
“Alpine’s team is working diligently to connect our customers to the communities they value: family, friends, work, education, news, and healthcare,” said Chris Hopp, General Manager/COO. He continues, “We are tenacious about connectivity and continue to make adjustments during these challenging times. Our employees are dedicated to serving our community with excellence. It is encouraging to see everyone demonstrating resilience and working cohesively. Together, we’ll see our way through this challenging time and thrive again.”
Keeping You Informed
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and explore further measures to support our customers and the community as needed. We ask for your patience as we, like you, navigate this changing situation. Follow us on social media for updates and visit the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/ for more information about COVID-19.
Update March 22, 2020
Temporary Office Closure & Service Call Notice
After closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19, Alpine Communications is temporarily closing the business office to walk-in traffic effective, Monday, March 23, 2020. The health and well-being of our customers, employees, and the public is our highest priority. As the situation evolves, we will keep you updated on any changes to our business operations or customer services.
We are committed to providing the community with these essential services. Our staff is still at work and on-call to keep you connected. Please review this important information related to COVID-19:
We will continue to accept PRE-PAID UPS packages for daily 3:30 PM pick-up, Monday-Friday, in the vestibule at our office. UPS packages must be labeled and packaged according to UPS’s shipping guidelines as Alpine employees will not handle UPS packages. Please visit www.ups.com to create a UPS label and pay for shipping.
Payment and Support Options:
Customers have a variety of options for payments, submitting troubles, and support.
- Call Alpine Communications at 563-245-4000, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- There is a drop box located directly in from of our building to deposit payments and paperwork.
- The SmartHub app is a great way to connect with Alpine Communications online without having to leave your home. You can activate your SmartHub account in less than three minutes online. You can also pay your bill over the phone by calling 563-245-4000.
- Call technical support at 1-888-264-2908 or chat online 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Service Call Policy:
Alpine Communications technicians, technical support, and customer service representatives will work with customers remotely to help rectify service issues. If we cannot resolve a customer’s issue remotely, we will determine the next steps on a case-by-case basis.
Keeping You Informed
We will continue to monitor this situation closely and explore further measures to support our customers and the community as needed. We ask for your patience as we, like you, navigate this changing situation. Follow us on social media for updates and visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov for more information about COVID-19.
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlpineCommunications
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/alpinecomnet
- Sign up for text message alerts: https://alpinecom.smarthub.coop
- Visit our COVID-19 Response Update website: https://www.alpinecom.net/covid-19/
Update March 19, 2020
Update March 18, 2020
Connecting You During the COVID-19 Crisis
Alpine Communications is closely monitoring the COVID-19 crisis and we are implementing safeguards to protect our customers, our community, and our employees. We are following the current guidance from national, state, and local health authorities to ensure we are taking the appropriate actions.
Please review this important information related to COVID-19:
- Alpine Communications will contact all customers in advance of scheduled appointments. We will ask questions before our visit to ensure the health and safety of our employees. If anyone in your home or business is ill, we ask that you contact us to reschedule the appointment.
- We are accepting UPS packages. However, to reduce exposure, we have implemented new procedures with handling packages, bills, and devices within the office. We encourage visitors to use the drive-up drop box in front of the building to leave payments and paperwork.
- Customers have a variety of options for payments, submitting troubles, and support. The SmartHub app is a great way to connect with Alpine Communications online without having to leave your home. You can activate your SmartHub account in less than three minutes online. You can also pay your bill over the phone by calling 563-245-4000, chat with technical support online or by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-888-264-2908.
- We have instigated additional cleaning practices at our office and shared the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines with our employees and reinforced prevention techniques. Employees are taking additional steps in the field to avoid making physical contact, disinfect tools, and wear protective gear. In the event we need to adjust our office and on-site support and installation to the public, we will announce it via email, Facebook, and our website.
- We urge you to practice the personal precautions recommended by the CDC to help prevent illness. They include frequent hand washing, not touching your face, disinfecting surfaces, and social distancing. Go to www.cdc.gov for complete details. You can also get more information about COVID-19 from the World Health Organization at www.who.int.
- Let us know if your household needs an internet plan upgrade due to the increased demands of working from home and taking online classes. We understand how vital internet service is during these challenging times. Our goal is to help everyone connect the way they need to and we will prioritize staffing for emergencies and new installs.
As the situation evolves, we will keep you on any changes to our business operations or customer services. Our primary concern remains the health of our community and customers. To ensure you see our information:
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlpineCommunications/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/alpinecomnet
- Sign up for email and text messaging alerts: https://alpinecom.smarthub.coop/
- Visit our website: https://www.alpinecom.net/
Now more than ever, we are committed to facilitating a connected, thriving future because we believe our rural communities are strong and resilient. We are in this together, and please help humanity by doing your part to lessen the impact of COVID-19.