Alpine Communications Launches FusionTV and Faster Internet Speeds on Fiber Network in Elgin
Elgin, Iowa, March 1, 2015 – After much anticipation, the future of television and Internet service has arrived to hundreds of Elgin residents as Alpine Communications announces the launch the Fusion Network along with enhanced digital TV service and Fusion Internet service. FusionTV digital television service is delivered over Alpine’s 100% fiber optic network, dubbed the Fusion Network.
“This is an exciting time for Elgin. Residents have been waiting for a new choice in cable TV and the ability to connect with faster Internet speeds. Based on customer research, Alpine Communications is the preferred local provider for technology and digital entertainment,” said Chris Hopp, Alpine’s general manager. “FusionTV delivers more choices in family programming, movies, and sporting events. Customers will be amazed by the razor-sharp picture and sound. FusionTV is different than cable and satellite TV, so customers will have access to innovative features like TV Caller ID and Voicemail, a Whole-Home DVR (Digital Video Recorder), on-screen and mobile apps, plus on-the-go streaming with WatchTVEverywhere. All of this from a local team that is here for our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.”
Elgin residents with Fusion Network fiber optic access now have the option to trim their monthly bills by bundling local telephone service, FusionTV service, Fusion High-Speed Internet service, Alpine Wireless, Computer Security Services in a Peak Savings Pak. Customers will experience Internet speeds twice as fast for no extra charge when they activate their Fusion Network connection. (Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Internet subscribers only.) Plus, customers can get all the communications services they need with the simplicity of dealing with just one local company and receiving just one bill.
FusionTV Service Highlights
FusionTV represents an excellent value and packages include over 260 channels of local programming (including KCRG Channel 9), news, premium movies, sports, plus 53 digital music channels. Big Ten Network, ESPN, Food Network, HGTV, Discovery Channel, TNT, Fox News, Lifetime Movie Network, Nick Jr. and many more. Service highlights include:
- High Definition Programming – 80+ high-definition channels with razor-sharp picture clarity and theater-quality sound.
- Whole Home DVR (Digital Video Recorder) – Record your programs and access them from any digital box in the home, allowing for multi-room viewing and recording. You also have the ability to pause and rewind live TV.
- Parental Controls – Manage your children’s access to television programming and movies by blocking programs by channel or rating.
- TV Caller ID and Voicemail – Caller ID information is displayed on the TV screen even before the phone rings and customers can listen to voicemail messages through their TV. *Caller ID and Voicemail subscription required.
- Mobile and On-Screen Apps – Free interactive apps with one-button access to a current local weather radar, a 5-day forecast, and games, such as Solitaire, while customers are watching their favorite shows. A free mobile app enables searching, DVR management, and remote control functions on most Android and Apple devices.
- Free WatchTVEverywhere – Stream many of your favorite FusionTV programming including live TV and full episodes of current TV shows to your tablet, smartphone, laptop or PC — from anywhere you have an Internet signal
Alpine Communications has been offering FusionTV in Elkader, Guttenberg, Marquette, and Garnavillo for more than four years with high satisfaction ratings from customers. Not only have customers experienced the superior quality of picture, but have also enjoyed the friendly and local customer service provided by the Alpine Communications staff. Here is what test customers have said about Alpine FusionTV service: ”I am very glad that you offer this service, I really prefer just getting one bill.” “I am very happy with the service. I especially like that when it is storming, the TV doesn’t go out.” ” The service is simple and easy to use.” “I don’t know how I ever survived without my DVR! The way my family watches TV is totally different now.”
Customers are asked to please call Alpine’s office at 245-4000 as soon as possible to schedule an appointment to convert your telephone and Internet services to fiber optics. Customers will receive free FusionTV installation on two TVs during their initial Fusion Network activation appointment, too. (Some restrictions apply.) Your telephone services will be transferred to our new Fusion Network with minimal to no disruption of your existing service. The appointment will take approximately one to two hours, and before leaving, our technicians will make sure that all of your Alpine services are working. There will be no additional charge to customers who keep the same level of service that they currently subscribe to.
About Alpine Communications
Established in 1997, Alpine Communications connects communities in Northeast Iowa to the latest advancements in clear, dependable communications services. As your local provider, we offer an expanding array of communications options along with responsive, personal service. These options include Fiber-to-the-Home, local and long distance telephone, high-speed Internet, digital FusionTV, monitored security systems, computer networking, wireless phone service, telephone systems, local and long distance, and voice messaging throughout Northeast Iowa. Alpine Communications has invested millions of dollars in constructing fiber optic networks in Elkader, Guttenberg, Garnavillo, and Elgin, Iowa. Visit www.alpinecom.net for more information about Alpine Communications.