Rural Long Distance Call Completion Problems
Residents in rural America continue to report issues with placing and receiving long distance or wireless calls.
If you’ve experienced any of the following problems, you may be one of the many people in rural America impacted by the nationwide rural call completion issue:
- There is a long pause before your call connects
- You hear a lot of feedback or noise on long distance calls
- Your family lets you know they just tried calling, but you haven’t heard the telephone ring
- You answered the telephone phone, but you couldn’t hear the person on the other end
- Your telephone rings a few times and then stops ringing
Since the problem begins with the carrier of the person making the call, that is where the resolution resides as well. Whenever possible, encourage the person trying to call you to report the issue to their long distance or wireless provider. Their carrier will be the best resource to locate the source of the problem and fix it the quickest way possible.
Learn more about long distance call completion issues by reading these blog posts:
- Long Distance Call Completion – A Growing Nationwide Problem
- Rural Call Completion Issues Explained
- Call Completion Issues Discussed at FCC Meeting
- FCC – Rural Call Completion: Problems with Long Distance or Wireless Calling to Rural Areas
If you are having trouble making long distance calls to a rural area, contact Alpine Communications for assistance. Call Customer Service at 563-245-4000 or use the form below to submit the information we need for further investigation.